IT Project Coordinator
Launched in 1979 as a wholesale and distribution company, SDR has transformed itself into a leader in the North American 3PL market, specializing in the fashion, footwear, accessories and related soft goods fulfillment market niche. Well known within the industry for its attention to detail and the constant strive for perfection, SDR’s success has been supported by a top-notch Warehouse Management system (Manhattan Scale) with RF inventory control and a fully compliant EDI communication solution.
SDR hosts a clientele base in excess of 100 customers with over 1000 vendors. Our footprint in North America exceeds 2 million square feet.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Project Coordinator will oversee all IT projects with primary responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently. Additionally, the Project Coordinator will liaise with the SDR Solutions Team on all Client Integration/Enhancement projects. The Project Coordinator will work with various members of the project team and both internal/external clients to develop timelines, create schedules, and oversee progress to make sure goals are met and on time.
The Project Coordinator will utilize SDR-specific project management platforms to track budgets, dates, and other information. Organize contracts, financial files, reports, invoices, and perform administrative duties including coordinating purchases; Quotes, Purchase Orders, Invoices and Receiving documents.
This role requires strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities, while understanding and conceptualizing applications from a business point of view. The IT Project Coordinator will work closely with all departments to ensure proper business and financial project planning.
Location: Vaughan, ON
Education: Post Secondary Education
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, project resources, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Determine project changes.
- Provide administrative support.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensure projects adhere to framework and that all documentation is maintained for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Business or IT Management
- Minimum three years’ experience with the successful delivery of IT projects.
- Experience working in Warehousing or Logistics would be a definite asset.
- Experience coordinating operational work through all stages of the Solutions Delivery Life Cycle.
- Training and experience in Project Management including the use of PM software such as Smart Sheet or a comparable resource.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work through competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area as needed (<10% of the time).