LOSS PREVENTION & SURVEILLANCE SPECIALIST
Scope/ Overview of Position:
Launched in 1979 as a wholesale and distribution company, SDR has transformed itself into a leader in the North American 3PL market, specializing in the fashion, footwear, electronics, and packaged goods fulfillment. Well known within the industry for our attention to detail and the constant strive for perfection, SDR’s success has been supported by a top-notch Warehouse Management system (Manhattan Scale) with RF inventory control and a fully compliant EDI communication solution.
SDR hosts a clientele base in excess of 100 customers with over 1000 vendors. Our footprint is in excess of 2 million square feet throughout North America.
The Loss Prevention & Surveillance Specialist works to provide security services and asset protection for SDR’s facilities throughout North America.
Department: Human Resources
Location: Bolton ON
Education: Post Secondary Education
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Build relationships across the business that support Security & Loss Prevention initiatives.
• Prepare incident and investigative reports using CCTV and other surveillance measures.
• Develop cases with evidence sufficient to support discharges and/or prosecutions for dishonest acts.
• Complete reports and follow-up in a timely manner as required.
• Documentation/filing as required.
• Prepare incident reviews for Loss Prevention Management.
• Operate surveillance equipment. Document and analyze all investigative information.
• Evaluate and assist in compliance of all entrance and exit procedures.
• Provide training to senior employees on security SOP’s.
• Perform Facility Audits.
• Photograph/videotape and collect information pertaining to incidents.
• Work in conjunction with the Health and Safety Department on reported incidents.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
• Criminal or law enforcement degree is preferred however, a College Diploma will be considered.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Must have strong English skills both verbal and written for reporting and providing instruction on security measures.
• Present a professional manner and positive attitude.
• Available to work flexible hours, including late evenings and on weekends as needed.
• Must have own vehicle for access to various facilities throughout the Greater Toronto Area
• Possess a valid Ontario Security Guard license, driver’s license, and First Aid/CPR certificates
• Able to wear personal protective equipment deemed necessary to perform this job safely.
• Experience in a security or loss prevention role within retail, warehousing, gaming or manufacturing businesses is a definite asset.
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook are required.
• CCTV software experience would be a definite asset.